No Dinosaurs on a Farm

***formerly known as "Cold & Calculating"

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Infinity is Short

Are there some things that you could do indefinitely? You'd never grow too tired, get full, become bored? Things you stop doing not because you must but because you should? Here are some things that I could do forever:

1. Tinker around, building things while listening to music. Things like picture frames, fleece mittens, insect collections, painted figurines.

2. Play video games. I used to rent Nintendo games from Blockbuster and play them for three days straight (the length of time for rental). Shelley helped out by running to Subway to get me a sandwich to eat while playing.

3. Listen to Wendy laugh. Not that I'm that funny, not by a long shot.

4. Eat Mint Milanos from Pepperidge Farms. I once asserted that I could eat an entire bag in one sitting and Laura said I would fail. Let me tell you, 15 Milanos in one sitting is a wonderful thing.

5. Talk with Shelley. She is very interesting and funny and smart. She is also responsible for a lot of lost sleep.

6. Play soccer or Ultimate Frisbee. Saturdays in college, I would show up on the field around 8 am, just as the first game was starting, and I would go home when the last game ended, sometimes around 1 pm.

7. Listen to President Hinckley. He has a way of saying what I already know but that I am unwilling to admit.

8. Snuggle with my daughters. This is a very rare treat for me, so my world stops when they get cuddly.

9. Eat salsa. If Wendy ever starts buying more than one bottle at a time, then I would suggest that you all buy stock in Herdez.

10. Read history. Any history.

6 Comments:

  • At 28 October, 2005 17:26, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In addition to interesting, funny, and smart, it is also well known that Shelley is an excellent map maker and navigator

     
  • At 28 October, 2005 18:23, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Although I'm honored I made the list, I'm a little hurt that after the hundreds of hours I spent on game-related map-making all you remember is that sandwich. I don't even remember that sandwich.

    On another topic, I have it on good authority that not only did you eat one bag of Mint Milanos in one sitting, you ate 24 bags in less than two months. Maybe we should pick up some Pepperidge Farm stock while we're buying Herdez.

     
  • At 28 October, 2005 19:14, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you Shelley for reminding him of the 24 bags (I thought it was 28) I so generously supplied. How could he have forgotten that!

    About the sandwich--Shelley, you a lawyer now, did that come from your career aiding and abetting?

     
  • At 29 October, 2005 15:53, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, aaron read my comment and couldn't tell I was joking. So, my apologies if I offended anyone.

     
  • At 30 October, 2005 16:13, Blogger BrianJ said…

    Shelley and Mom: of course I remember those details. I am, however, limited to how much I can write on a single subject. My reasons for choosing these specific memories are:

    Shelley: the cartography and navigation is remembered as being invaluable. Unfortunately, there isn't a game sold today that doesn't do both tasks automatically. So while this important role of yours has been automated, NO game today will get its player a sandwich.

    Mom: They were 27 bags of Milanos, delivered to me on Christmas day, with the last cookie being eaten on the last day of February. It is hard to quantify consumption, however, because several of the bags were shared with family members. Therefore, I feel that the more clear example of my affinity for Milanos is shown by the one bag:one sitting scenario.

     
  • At 11 November, 2005 22:03, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I could read intelligent, amusing, witty, and spritually true blogs indefinitely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home