No Dinosaurs on a Farm

***formerly known as "Cold & Calculating"

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Enrichment Night

I know that many men wonder: What goes on at Enrichment? But I wonder if the women know what goes on at home while they are gone. This entry is for those who want—and dare—to know. What follows is a recap of how my daughters and I spent the most recent Enrichment Night while Mom was away.

6:00 PM Mom runs out the door; she has to get to the church to help set up.

6:05 PM Time to start dinner. It should be something healthy.

6:30 PM Time to clean up the kitchen. How about some nice music?

6:35 PM Cleaning can wait. Let’s rock! Ann immediately gets down with all-original moves. Sara seems reluctant. “Loud. Loud,” she complains.

“What’s wrong?” I ask, worried that this is the end of Rocktober Night. “Is the music too loud?”

“Loud.” Sara replies. “I like it!”

And then she joins in the wild rumpus for the next 15 minutes.

6:45 PM Someone calls on the phone:

"Sorry Paul," I say, "I’m hangin’ with my girls. Call back later."

6:50 PM After rocking and cleaning, we need and deserve a treat.

7:05 PM I wonder what’s going on in the backyard?


Nothing out of the ordinary. Oh well.

7:10 PM How about more great music? Turn it up so we can share with the neighbors.

7:45 PM Get ready for bed.

So there you have it: the typical Enrichment Night at home.

9 Comments:

  • At 24 October, 2005 09:36, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gee, can I come next time? It sounds like a lot more fun than the Enrichment nights I go to.

     
  • At 24 October, 2005 11:53, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah. That explains some of the messes I come home to.

     
  • At 25 October, 2005 02:28, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL
    You are hilarious.
    I think I want to skip institute and go to enrichment night with you and the girls. I could bring some of those moves you say I have.

    "Loud I like it" -Sarah
    Love it.

     
  • At 25 October, 2005 12:28, Blogger BrianJ said…

    mom and aaron: you are always welcome.

    lorien: you can't blame us for the messes in your home. We rarely spread our mischief that far.

     
  • At 25 October, 2005 20:01, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So your wife supposedly goes to learn about "enriching the home" while you actually go about enriching the home. Nicely done. I like your style, and I love original dance moves.

     
  • At 26 October, 2005 12:47, Blogger BrianJ said…

    ben: thanks! Every time I hear the Police's "King of Pain", I think of some incredible dance moves diplayed by a red-haired guy in my high school.

     
  • At 26 October, 2005 17:44, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I don't know what enrichment night is but it sounds GREAT!

     
  • At 26 October, 2005 18:27, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now that's a big ol' big groundhog! Wonder where it got the bell ....

     
  • At 11 November, 2005 22:02, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This post enticed me so that I subscribe to your feed.

    Way to destroy what a mother does all day long one enrichment night at a time. No wonder the RS is going to once a month Enrichment Nights.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home